Tuesday, October 27, 2015

The Sugar Shoppe - Franklin's Non-Profit Candy Shop

Did you catch this on Franklin Matters today? New FDP member The Sugar Shoppe is a lot more than just candy. 

Introducing The Sugar Shoppe - a non-profit candy store!

Welcome to the Sugar Shoppe (www.sugarshoppe.org)
Your neighborhood Non-Profit Candy Shop... 
Life is Short, Make it Sweet!
The Sugar Shoppe

Tues/Wed/Thurs 10-5pm, Fri 10-4pm, Sat 12-4pm
*We will add additional hours once the volunteers are in place and trained.  
  • First off, thank you to everyone who came out for our "soft" opening this past Saturday! It was a huge success! If you couldn't make it out, please come by anytime...
    WE ARE OPEN! (see above hours)
  • Second, we hope you enjoyed your goodies! Whether it was gummies, sours, old school candy, jelly bellies, delicious chocolate TRUFFLES or samples of the FUDGE (coming this week!!) we hope you were happy!!
  • Last, we would like to answer a common question that we hear people ask..."Why are you a non-profit? how does that work?" 
  • Well here is the WHY...Once upon a time lived over 500,000 people in MA who are homeless on a given night. 

Most (70%) were staying in residential programs but the rest (30%) were found in unsheltered locations. Nearly 25% of all homeless people were children under the age of 18, 10% were between the ages of 18 and 24, and 65% were 25 years or older. *Stats from the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD), 2014. 

We chose the non-profit route as a mission to help cure homelessness in MA. The Sugar Shoppe is the HOPE portion of helping (gift baskets for moms and kids) and the long term mission is the HOUSING 

YES! all net proceeds go towards this fund. Our mission is to help and have fun while doing so, meeting a lot of new people along the way and bringing the community together for a great cause. 

PLEASE SHARE US WITH YOUR FRIENDS AND FAMILY!Like us on FacebookFind us on PinterestFollow us on Twitter
View on Instagram 

Forward this email

Make Change for Change | 334 Union Street | Franklin | MA | 02038