Firefighters were called to a Franklin restaurant Saturday afternoon after grease in a deep fryer ignited, causing some smoke damage to the building.
At almost 3 p.m., the automatic fire alarm at Guru Restaurant, located at 30 Main St., alerted firefighters to the scene, said Fire Chief Gary McCarraher in a statement.
The fire had extended from the deep fryer into the ceiling and roof of the kitchen, gutting the kitchen and causing “moderate” smoke damage to both the dining area on the first floor and the businesses located on the second floor.
The restaurant was not open at the time of the fire, but employees who were present were able to get out of the building safely, said McCarraher.
No injuries were reported, and the fire appears to be accidental, he said.
The two-alarm fire took about 45 minutes to extinguish and mutual aid on scene came from Norfolk, Bellingham, Milford and Wrentham; Medway units covered Franklin’s stations during the fire.
Read more: http://www.milforddailynews.com/news/x407166381/Grease-fire-guts-kitchen-in-Franklin-restaurant#ixzz2pit0TvTo
Follow us: @CountryGazette on Twitter | WickedLocalFranklin on Facebook